It is currently Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What games are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:44 am 

I've been playing my DS more then anything lately.

DS:
Animal Crossing -at least once every week to check the mail and sell stuff
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney- I just go this the other day and it's awesome!
Osu! Tatke! Ouendan!- Got this back at Nekocon. Great game still.

GBA- Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls - I still love these games and can play them over and over.

Xbox 360 (playing in my bro's system):
Fight Night Round 3
Smackdown vs Raw 2007- Royal Rumble = ownage

PS2:
Smackdown vs Raw 2006 - Love the Smackdown games, only one I own.

What is everyone else playing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:57 pm 

Sadly, I'm not really playing anything now.

I've been too busy. I have been glancing over some of my older games for review purposes though.

I loaded up Conker Live and Loaded for the Xbox the other day, and promptly remembered why it sucked. They so screwed up the multiplayer mode on that game. I wonder: who thought it would be a good idea to make a 'Battlefield' game using squirrels and teddy bears? What they should of done was keep the multiplayer mode they had in the N64 version of the game, and let that go LIVE! Now, that would of been awesome.

On, and speaking of multiplayer games that got screwed up, I have been checking weekly to see if Tecmo fixed Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 by patching it, and adding in the missing offline multplayer component. It's amusing when you think about it. They removed the offline multiplayer aspect of the game, but hardly anyone plays the online mode they added. I've checked three times in the last two weeks. Only saw ONE person on, and that was a one time occurrence.

haruka_tenou0499 came over the other day, and made me long for the times when girls didn't play games. While taking a break from WoW, she took some time to play me in Dead or Alive 4. It wasn't pretty - for me. I was getting so stomped I was starting to think 'statistically, I should have won at least one match by now due to dumb luck'. I did end up winning a few matches, and they were all by dumb luck. Gotta master the counter system. Tag mode is a hoot with someone that can play.

I got a bunch of games I need to finish. Paper Mario for the Gamecube being one. Nexus: the Jupiter Incident for PC being another. Sudeki for the Xbox, and Blue Stinger for Dreamcast are two others I've dug out and plan to finish out sometime soon... hopefully.

Got Gears of War for the 360. Going to look at it soon.

I also looked at Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS today. It is looking real good. I might have to make me some video game time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:18 am 

Out of all the game series out there, I don't own a single legit copy of a Castlevania game. Sad, I know. I need to get the GBA and DS games.

Who is this that kicked yer @$$ in DOA4 and why haven't I heard of her or seen a pic yet??? :lol:

I played Shadablade on live in DOA4 the other night. Freakin lag was horrid in it. Now that spud has Burnout Revenge, I might get to play him in something that doesn't lag like b@ll$. lol.

I'm really diggin Phoenix Wright. I just hate that games are like $30-$40 on the main system I play on now (DS). That's the main reason why PW is the first game I've bought since the beginning of Nov. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:01 am 

You know, I forgot all about Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls for the GBA. What an awesome game. It's another game I have to finish. I couldn't beat that dragon boss at the bottom of the third bonus dungeon though. I don't know if this is sad or not, but I remember just about the entire layout of the first game from when I played it on the NES, way back fifthteen years ago.

On Castlevania, I gotta get my Symphony of the Night back. I hear they are actually going to release it on Xbox live. Woo Hoo. Still, I'd rather have my original back.

Speaking of Castlevania and games I need to finish, that reminds me: I need to finish Dracula X on the Turbo Duo. I had almost completed it when someone wiped my systems internal memory. THAT is a feature I don't miss on modern systems. That tiny bit of flash memory you had to save your games with, and no memory cards. I wonder if my 3DO still has my Star Control 2 save? I wonder if my NEO-GEO CD system has forgot all of its settings yet...

By the way, I don't recall if you were a fan of it, but I know Shadablade was, but they released an open source version of Star Control 2 a few years ago. complete with all the sounds and spoken dialog. If you are curious, you (or anyone else) can take a look at it here. Works pretty good. Been a while since I played it though.

I've heard a lot of good things about Phoenix Wright. Need to check that out some time (that, and sooo many other games).

I've spoken about haruka_tenou0499 before. She wants to meet the man from Japan. If the stars finally align, mebbe she will. A big WoW fan, not nearly as bad as The BigMan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:05 am 

Yea, Shadablade has mentioned the new Star Control 2. I just haven't taken the time to download and install it.

I did try City of Heroes on one of those trial things. I really dug it, but my laptop (which I got in Sept) has a crap video card that doesn't like CoH at all. I did get it to run a trial version of WoW....which I played for 2 hours and uninstalled. Part of me is tempted to reinstalled FFXI, but I know that it will be wasted money, so I won't.

I'm really wanting to get the DS and GBA Castlevania games. might have to see if I can trade some stuff for them.

I'm soooo diggin this PW game. Definitely want to get the 2nd one, even though I hear it is typo-city. I even have a hentai PW game that I forgot I downloaded....and it's weird.....

I still want a NeoGeo, if anything for KOF XI. Still pi$$e$ me off that they didnt' release that stateside. If it wasn't for my KOF games, I'd probably ditch my xbrick all together. Love me some KOF. King = Queen of my Heart.

That is sooo wrong it isn't funny.

No,that's the first I've heard of the girl. I heard about the one that Deep was "seeing" but that was it. Details, son, details!

God I hate doing laundry at work....*sigh* Takes away from perfectly good time I could be spending with my DS.

I <3 my DS. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:23 am 

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS = AWESOME GAME

LT JCE went to play that 'Battlestations Midway' demo they released on Xbox Live. I haven't seen him since... I think he might of drifted back in time to the actual battle.

Then again, they've released sooooo many WWII games now, I've suprised THAT has hasn't bent the space time continuum and sucked us all back into the war...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 am 

Need to get one of those Castlevania games....

Was thinking of getting FFVI with my tax money, but I dunno. After dropping $80+ on my new ac adapter, I dunno what I can get. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:51 am 

Got around to looking at the Lost Planet demo on the Xbox. Looks pretty sweet. Running around inside buildings, jumping inside mechs, grappling your way up the sides of different structures - all very engrossing.

Actually, minus that grapple bit, it reminded me a lot of Shogo.

Still playing Castlevania Portrait of Ruin when I get free time. Awesome DS game. I have to say, I love the Castevania games. They may be nothing but spruced up Super Metroid clones with fangs, but dammit, if you are going to make a clone, make a good one. I have to say Konami has.

I think it would be cool if they would remake Castlevania 2 using that sort of game format for the DS. Total awesomeness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 am 

Went ahead and picked up FF6 the other day. Very good port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:09 am 

I'm current hooked on GTA San Andreas. GBA FF Tactics and FFX.

Yes I know I'm a little behind the times.

Oh yeah Freelancer is really cool too. However, having played and dominated every xwing and tie fighter space sim to come out of lucasarts. I find the freelancer missions to be a little too easy. Fun game though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:18 am 

First post here! Figured i'd start it off by listing the games currently in my life:

World Of Warcraft: I don't think ill ever be able to break this addiction.

Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA: I loved the original so much, I had to pick it up again! Especially now that they added some new content.

Oblivion: Yeah, a little old, but it took me a while to find the disc from my roommate. I'm not playing this one quite as much, because my system specs are kind of crap for it. But it is a whole lot of fun, my biggest problem is getting lost in the openendedness of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm 

Welcome to the boards, Ralimar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 am 

So what did they do with Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA?
A total redo like Dawn of Souls? Heh, I still have the original! (when they called it '3')

Oblivion, now that's a good game.
Classic American RPG - wide open, do whatever the hell you want type gameplay. I love it.
I liked Morrowindbetter (For Xbox, didn't like PC version), but that's because they took out flight and teleport in Oblivion. I can understand why though. IOblivion would be a whole lot easier if you could fly; you could zip in and out of all those ruins that dot the landscape with a bit too much ease. Still, I'd trade my horse in for a pair of flying boots any day!

Actually, Oblivion caused me to get a whole new computer so I could play it. Heck, even when I did that, I wasn't careful and got a weak video card. Had to buy another video card so I could play it properly. With the right equipment, that game is VERY pretty.

Haven't played WoW yet. I have many people trying to draw me into it, but I've been strong and have so far resisted the temptation. I am curious about 'Warcraft 3'. Never played it.

With all of the attention that WoW is getting, does anyone think Blizzard reawaken some of their other franchiese such as Diabloor Starcraft?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:45 am 

This hot frying pan if WoW. These eggs are your life.

Crack! Splash! Sizzel!

This is you life on WoW. Any Questions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:08 pm 

gatewalker wrote:
So what did they do with Final Fantasy 6 for the GBA?

With all of the attention that WoW is getting, does anyone think Blizzard reawaken some of their other franchiese such as Diabloor Starcraft?

They added four new espers into the new GBA version of ff6: Cactuar, leviathan, gilgamesh, and diablos. Most of them have the same spells, I believe, except for gilgamesh and Leviathan. Gilgamsh has a spell called Valor, which increases damage of your whole party for a few turns or so. Seems like it could be handy. Leviathan has Flood; haven't been able to try it yet so im not sure how useful it is. They also reworked the script with better translation, so some parts make a little more sense.

As for blizzard, upon the release of Burning Crusade, WoW's expansion, they let a little info slip about "Currently revisiting the starcraft universe." Lot of people think this is Starcraft 2 in the making. I remember reading about them working on a Diablo 3 also. I probably won't ever go outside again after those two are released.

I'll probably be drawn into wow for a while until I can finally purchase a wii :(

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next